Putting a little Spring in my step...

Its spring time!!!! Not where I am, though, as we only celebrate 2 seasons the wet and the dry (currently its the dry season.....) but you must admit that Spring is the season of newness, when flowers shake off the past winter cold and start showcasing their beauty for all to see.

Welcome everyone to my new blog.....I thought I would use spring as the theme to relaunch again....

I make cards as a hobby to keep myself busy while I work on other projects and also to give people a conduit to express their emotions and feelings towards others in a positive and heart warming way. Sometimes the personality of the recipient is embodied in the design of the card in terms of colour, theme and even the message inside.

There are many different techniques and styles of cardmaking in the industry. My preferred style is clean and simple and I do like to see some white negative space in the design which you will see throughout. So here is my first card......!

I just absolutely love the new distress oxides by Tim Holtz. They're very easy to use and the brightness of the ink is just amazing. In this card I used the fossilized amber and wilted violet with just small touches of distress inks - spiced marmalade and ripe persimmon. The stamps I used were from Simon Says Stamps artful flowers and Penny Black's words of kindness. I have had them for a while and its often challenging to find new ways to use them. I wanted to add a little more sweetness to the card so I used the Avery Elle's picket fence dies and did some cutouts.

In terms of the layout of the card, I was following last week's sketch by My Favourite Things. Every week they post new ones and its useful as you develop your craft. Here is last week's sketch. The current sketch's design will be uploaded tomorrow.


Thanks for reading.....

Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think!





© 2017 sweetcherrycards.blogspot.com





Comments

Redapple39 said…
Awwwww thank you tyre market