Sparkle and Shine Class Day 1

Hi there and welcome back...

I am so excited to tell you about the new class I am attending on online card classes. It is called "Sparkle and Shine" and I can say it is as much fun as it sounds. Its all about the glitz and the glam.

The first day, we were introduced to some really cool techniques such as using bonding powder and glitter ( creating your own coloured gitter),glitter inlay cards and rainbow glitter (using alcohol markers). I didnt have all the supplies so I improvised alot.

For the first card I used distress ink in dried marigold and recollections 'glitz' extra fine glitter. The stamped message is from Heartfelt Greetings by HOTP and for the bonding agent I used ranger sticky embossing powder.



Regarding the diecut inlay glitter card , I used Swirl ornament by Memory Box Co. with double sided tape placed together to cover the shape and then glitter from Art-C was added. I have had this glitter for at least 8 years I think...hahaha.






The third card I didnt quite do the rainbow effect. While I was looking at the video it reminded me of a 3-d technique my sister and I used to do for our cards over 20 years ago. We would colour the edges of the letters which we assume would be in shadow and give it a 3-D effect. So I tried it out with copic marker Y18. Hope you can see the effect.





Comments