Leaving Concord Falls behind- driving through Belvedere Estate




I was saddened to leave the beautiful concord falls but we were taking a drive through the countryside of Grenada and it was already late afternoon.

The drive back out was filled with talk of the amazing beauty and sheer wonder of the Falls. How powerful it sounded and how pristine it was. We continued along the road towards Gouyave, a fishing village on the western side of the island- looking at the villagers from the community sitting at the side of the road, enjoying their sunday afternoon sunshine, some were in the park watching a local football match, some were bathing in the sea. There were mothers, aunts and sisters combing the hair of young ones , family members even neighbours/ friends.

We decided to go through the interior of the island for a change, taking the road to Clozier, through the Belvedere Estate. On the way there, we passed an area where some friends of ours had a picnic by the river. I took a few pics of the riverbed as I am always fascinated by the way a rocky riverbed looks.





The road through the Belvedere estate is a very bumpy road, so you would definitely need a 4 wheel drive. We didnt meet many cars along the way and the scenery was varied.




We passed fields of banana trees where the fruits were covered with blue plastic bags with vented holes. I was told it was to protect against insects, birds etc.



We drove on and as we rounded a bend I was awestruck at the height of two palm trees in an adjacent field. It was at least over 100 ft tall. I said 'we have to stop..I must take some photos of these trees'



I was amazed, I got back into the car and we continued driving through the estate. I was still looking for more pics to tell my story of this beautiful countryside. Well I got just that.. the road pass through this beautiful canopy ...
I said just one word 'Wow!' Then I said 'isn't this place just beautiful....' I haven't taken so many pictures in a long while. It was truly amazing...

Hope you enjoyed this little journey with me and will be back with more of my travels through Grenada.


Comments