Simple backgrounds that glow....

Hi there and welcome back to sweet cherry's blog. You know how we often see some wintery scenes with lovely light shining in the sky from the sun that is behind the winter clouds. The sky looks as if its positively glowing...

So today I decided to try that by using an illuminating technique. It can be used for night and day time winter themed cards.

Here is the card for today and I will discuss the technique below...



For the background, I started off distressing the edges using Ranger's mowed lawn which is a fresh green colour. Once I was finished applying the inks, I rubbed white pigment ink from Avery Elle all over the background to give it a smooth, illumined look...almost like the background is glowing. Once the pigment ink was dried , I stamped the trees by Deep Red using Ranger's peeled paint.


I then added the fox and sled from Hero Arts and coloured them with copic markers E30, V20,E57,R46.

The message 'warm wishes' is from the set Holly Jolly by Art Impressions. I also dotted the sky with a dash of snow as if the snow was just beginning to fall.

Hope you like today's card and if you want to learn more about the technique drop me a comment!

Comments