Starry backgrounds using distress inks

Hi there and welcome back to another fun sweet cherry card episode!


When I first started this card, I wasnt sure how it was going to turn out as I was going to take my self out of my comfort zone and use a variety of colours to complete this card. The stampset I used here was the MFT stamp set 'out of this world'.

For the background I used distress inks salty ocean, spiced marmalade, blueprint sketch, tumbled glass, abandoned coral and distress oxides wilted violet and broken china and white pigment ink to smoothen and lighten the background. I then used stencils 'oh my stars' by bobunny and Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz layering collection of dots to add a kind of other worldly feel to the card.

The space ship was coloured using Copics C5, C1, C2, 0, B14, B00, V20, Y13, Y18 and Fabercastell Purple.

After die cutting the numbers '10, 9, 8' I stamped the stars from the mft stamp set 'out of this world' using distress ink salty ocean and added glitter.

I love how this card turned out and I hope you love it too.

Have a great week and check back soon to see what I am working on....

Comments