Dew drops on florals

Hi there and welcome back to another sweet creation here at sweet cherry cards.


Today's card features a floral with dewdrops on its petals. The project involved the use of watercolouring techniques using distress inks and prismacolor pencils.



Normally my go-to colour for flowers is yellow because it reminds me of sunshine and the warm feeling you get with it. For this flower, however, I used blue distress inks- salty ocean, broken glass and prismacolor pencils were used to bring the dewdrops alive.

I, first,lightly painted the petals in broken glass and began working on the dew drops. Using salty ocean , I formed the shape of the drop and added water to dilute the colour , leaving, a white area to represent where the drop picks up the light. Using the distress ink- broken glass, I carried the colour almost to the middle of the drop and washed out the remainder of the colour with water. With the pencils I added more dimension to the drops and finished the look with a white sharpie. Shadows were then added to the remainder of the flower and another layer of distress ink- broken glass was added.

I stamped the greeting on vellum and added the enamel drops to hide the glossy accents I used to adhere the vellum to the card. A little glitter completed the look.

Hope you like today's card and look forward to seeing you back here at sweet cherry cards.

Comments