Sunny skies for Father's Day

Hi there and welcome again to another exciting episode here at sweet cherry cards.

In honour of Father's Day this weekend, I am showcasing a card I made for a friend of mine. This card features sunny skies within die cut windows and other embellishments which add exciting elements to the card.


The surprising thing with this card is that I did the foreground after I did the scene inside the windows and yet they seemed to match up. I was amazed at that.

To create the scene in the die cut window, I first diecut a circle into some copying paper and using it as a stencil I distressed the bright sun image using dried marigold, scattered straw and mustard seed. Using die cut clouds which I stuck together, I began making the shapes of the cloudy sky with distress inks tumbled glass and mermaid lagoon .

I used the same distress inks for the foreground and the same colours to paint the balloon that I then stuck to the sky with double sided tape. I added the image of a horse because the intended father loves horses and the 'Father's Day' sentiment completed the design.

Comments