Mixing patterns

Hi there welcome back.

Hope you enjoyed some of my adventures in Grenada. I must admit I had a ton load of fun but I missed my card making.

In today's card I am demonstrating the use of different patterns as well as warm and cool colours.


I picked the large print stripes and matched it with the small dots and to add interest I matched the cool blue with warm yellow dashes on which the foreground was matted. Now the stripes and dots are from the same paper family which often makes it easier to match styles. The paper with yellow and white dashes ties in because I use the same colour family from the foreground.

In terms of the foreground I used the two owls from the clearly besotted 'woodland kisses' and the leafy branches from doodle blooms altenew. Using copic marker E57, I widened the branches and also added a few more. The hearts are also from 'woodland kisses'.

The images were stamped using distress ink vintage photo and then painted using kuretake paints.
Hope this helps you to mix patterns better as well as in making your cards look more cohesive.

Have a great day card making....

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment at the end of the post!

Comments