Stamploration - Spring Blooms in orange and green

Welcome to the Sweet Cherry Cards Blog.

I am so excited to be a part of Stamplorations Spring Fling Blog Hop Day 6.



The Blog Hop is now halfway through.

I hope you have visited and commented on the blogs belonging to the featured designers. If you haven't there is still time. The hop finishes on the 17th April. Don't forget to also visit the Stamplorations Blog page

There are lots of fantastic prizes you can win and today's prize is one cover plate thin metal die of your choice, worth $25 . Isn't that cool?
So read on and leave a comment at the end of this blog and on the stamplorations blog to qualify for today's prize.

Let's get hopping.


Today's card is called 'Spring Blooms in orange and green'. ' Spring Blooms' is the lovely stamp featured here . It is one of the new releases at Stamplorations. This stamp screams 'Spring' doesnt it?

I had a lot of fun as I coloured this stamp. I loved seeing all the petals and leaves take shape as I painted the image. Flowers are a versatile theme for any occasion. You can often change up the colours to add interest or spice up your design. I wanted bright colours for this project. So I selected bright tones from my distress ink collection. What else says spring but bright flowers?

Before starting any project, I like to gather all materials . With them within easy reach, there is no interruption of the design process.

For this card, I used distress inks and applied it using the no line watercolour technique.

STEPS I USED FOR THIS CARD

First step:- I stamped the image with scattered straw distress ink by Ranger onto Arches Hot Pressed Paper.

Tip:Use light colours when applying the no line technique. A light colour is easier to blend out.

Second Step:-
Starting with the leaves I began painting a light wash all over in twisted citron. To define the shadow, I started dropping in dark green distress ink. I pulled the colour as far as the ink would stretch. I continued adding more ink until I achieved the desired effect. You can see as I painted the leaves the flowers began to reveal themselves.


I continued to paint the rest of the leaves this way. With the leaves completed, I could see the entire outline of the flowers (the belle of this ball).



Third Step:-

For the flowers, I used the same technique. I started with a light wash and then added the darker colour in the shadow areas. I pulled out some of the colour in a gradient fashion. Colouring from dark to light, emphasises the different tones of the flowers.


I then added the sentiment 'Happy Spring" from the Blooming Spring Coffee Basket stamp set.

With the main focal point completed, I worked on what I called the staging.

I selected cardstock in orange and green to match the image. Then I added some distress ink in crimson red and olive green, around the borders.

With an embossing folder, I embossed a fleurish pattern on to green cardstock . Then layered it onto orange cardstock.

For extra dimension, I also layered the painted image onto orange cardstock. I added orange polka dot ribbon for some texture. I embellished the card with dots on the top and bottom using nuvo crystal drops.


Here is the card again.





I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did and I look forward to seeing you here again on April 10th Blog Hop. Don't forget to leave a comment at the end! Thanks for hopping by!


Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful floral design! Love your pretty coloring!
Glennis F said…
Fabulous colouring!
Redapple39 said…
Appreciate your lovely compliment, Denise
Redapple39 said…
Thank you so much, Glennis
Gail said…
So beautiful - coloring is amazing - nice work!
Arianna Barbara said…
Wow! Gorgeous card!!! Your colouring is pretty amazing!!!
ionabunny said…
Oooh, gorgeous colours. Love this. Hugz
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much Gail
Redapple39 said…
Thanks alot Arianna
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much Iona
JenniferE said…
Wow!!! This is is just beautiful! Perfect colors and coloring!!
Deepti Aggarwal said…
Wow .Love your coloring... Gorgeous card..
Sathya said…
Beautiful coloring! Love the color choices too!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Great card and beautiful results!
Esther Asbury said…
Oh wow -- you're a master artist for sure! The coloring of this image is simply amazing! Beautiful card!
MadeByMeghanK said…
your coloring is AMAZING! I love orange and the ribbon!
Mary Holshouser said…
The flowers are gorgeous.
Love the color and the shading.
Gives them so much depth.
Fantastic card. thanks for
sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
Heather said…
Oh, oh, oh, this is soooo gorgeous!!! Those flowers are beautiful and your coloring is stunning!!
Karenladd said…
your coloring technique is just spectacular and I love the softness of the image.
Dee Earnshaw said…
beautiful card - love the coloring:)
Redapple39 said…
Thank you, Jennifer
Redapple39 said…
Appreciate that, Kirsty!
Redapple39 said…
I have learnt to love florals and I practice alot in pencils, markers and watercolour but I am thankful for your comment.
Redapple39 said…
I didnt like orange before so my orange copics were like new. When the yellows started to dry out and I didnt have reinkers on hand I had to use my orange and since then I've tried to use orange in my florals whenever I can.
Redapple39 said…
Youre quite welcome and thank you for your lovely comment.
Redapple39 said…
Thanks soooo much, Heather
Redapple39 said…
Thank you Karen. I appreciate your comment!
sharon g said…
You are the mistress of coloring. NICE
Lucy E. said…
Your floral card is so pretty!
I love the no line coloring.
These colors remind me of
my mom-her favorite colors.
Tee said…
Beautiful layering of colors to achieve such lovely flowers! Wow.
Redapple39 said…
Now that made me smile...thank you so much, Sharon
Redapple39 said…
Awwww. I am so glad to give you a good feeling especially one involving your mom. Thank you for that lovely sentiment!
Redapple39 said…
Appreciate your comment alot.
Sue D said…
Beautiful--love your coloring!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Sue!
Leanne said…
Beautifully colored. Love it!
Subhashini said…
In love with your card, amazing and picture perfect coloring!!!
Thanks for the great inspiration!
Dana M said…
Gorgeous!! Stunning coloring, composition and colors.
Redapple39 said…
Thank you for your lovely comment!
Redapple39 said…
Thank you so much Dana
Chandhini said…
Gorgeous coloring, they look realistic.
Valerija said…
Such a gorgeous card. Love your fantastic colouring.