Day 2 of 'critterfun'

Welcome to day 2 of 'critter fun'. Today I am showcasing stamps from simon says stamp birthday celebration and Penny Black's critter fun set.



I wanted to do a scene showing critters having fun in the sun. So I decide to use the stitched mountain dies by poppystamps and the slope dies by avery elle. I also used one of the landscape dies by avery elle to create the appearance of clouds. (Don't you find the critters look like the're greeting one another like neighbours?)


As you can see it left a pretty design on the cardstock which I am sure I can reuse in another project. Using the blending tool I made upward strokes which left a soft glow in the clouds.I really like the look and I hope you do too.

The balloon was made using the balloon die from Simon Says Stamp Celebration Time Set and a circular die from my favourite stamps-die-namics. Here is a look at how my balloon was constructed.
These are the different parts of the balloon as you can see, the entire balloon shape is cut out of white cardstock as the backing
A piece of pink foam was then die cut with the balloon and circular die and stuck on with glue
The transparent plastic in the full shape of balloon was added.

Then the last piece die cut with balloon and circular die is added.










Broken china distress oxide by Tim Holtz was used to shape the clouds and in the elephant. The mouse was coloured using Kuretake paints. I often mix media from time to time to get the look I want. You don't have to do this but for me the card has cohesiveness this way!

So I hope you enjoyed day 2 of my 'critter fun. See you tomorrow.

Comments