Cards with Picture Windows

Hi there and welcome back to Sweet Cherry Designs.

Hope you enjoyed the mixing of patterns in my last blog and I hope you were able to get a better understanding of it. If you haven't, I do intend to do more pattern mixing with more information as to making your cards a little more cohesive.

Today's card has pattern mixing but also the element of a picture window.




You're probably thinking this looks difficult but its actually not.

The tools and materials used were 8.5 X 11 Cardstock, patterned Paper, Circular Dies, Big Shot machine,Paper Cutter, Crafter's Companion- The Ultimate Tool, Stamps, Paints and Patience.

Firstly, I die cut a semi circle using the circular dies from MFT Die-namics. I placed half of the die on the cardstock in a landscape position(the other half was on the cutting pad) and ran it through the big shot machine.

I then proceeded to score the entire card into 3 parts, the first which was diecut , I scored at 2.75 in and then turning around the card to the opposite side I scored at the 2.75 mark. I went back to the big shot and die cut the semi circle on the opposite side so when I put them together they were a match and made a full circle.

Just to go back a bit. To get them lined up, I fitted the die in the first semi circle cut I made and traced where the semicircle cut should be on the opposite side by drawing in pencil, an inner and an outer line of the die on the card stock. Then I taped the die onto the cardstock between the two lines I had drawn and cut a 2nd semi circle. Now they line up as a full circle. Thats' your window.

I then proceeded to stamp and paint the image from Stampendous- Cling Hearth Nap and painted it with my Kuretake paints which is still on my palette from a previous painting I did.



To cover the white cardstock opening I cut the pretty paper from Die cuts with a view. Its a paper pack called 'the year round stack'. Using my pattern mixing skill I used plaid and stripes to coordinate together. Plaid on the outside and stripes on the inside because you do get a view of the stripes on the inside against the backdrop of the plaid so you have to ensure that your choices of paper go together.



The paper was cut to 5.5 and then I die cut a circle in the middle of it using the same circular die. I then cut through the circle thus cutting the paper in half so it would fit over the semi circles made for the opening of the card. I then glued the paper down and trimmed off the edges added glitter strips at the bottom of the outside of the card and a red bow on the inside of the card for added effect.



Hope you like my picture window card and I look forward to seeing you at my next blog.

Please be sure to leave a comment.






Comments