Using Glossy Accents to add more depth to cards

Hi there and welcome back.

Today I want to share with you a card I made using the technique of adding glossy accents to create more depth to the card's look. The stamp I chose is from Tiddly Inks wonderful collection of Digital Stamps. Its a very playful stamp called 'Awww Thanks'.




What I love about this tiddly ink stamp is the idea of carefreeness and playfulness which as adults, we wish we could capture once more. Remember the days of running everywhere barefeet without any thought and when every flower, wild or not, was just beautiful? That's what this stamp reminds me of and I was trying to capture that essence.

To make the card, I first printed the downloaded image onto white cardstock. The lines on the trousers were made using the 005 Micron Pen. I then painted her, using Kuretake paints which I had left on my palette. I have different shades of browns, yellows and blues on my palette which I often mix together sometimes adding other colours as I go along. The red for the flowers was No 30.

When the image was completed, I fussy cut around the shape and added Ranger's Glossy accents to the clothes, the centres of the flowers and the eyes of the girl to give her a sort of doll-like finish. While she was drying, I began work on the background.

For the background, I used papers from DCWV Year Round Paper Pack. I die cut the grass out of one of the green sheets glued it on top of the paper with the cloud design. The fence was die cut from one of the brown sheets and I adhered it with double sided tape. Once the girl had completely dried (I left it for at least an hour in front of the fan) I double backed the image with the double sided tape so she would stand out more than the fence. I added strips of the brown paper around the edges of the card for more emphasis.



Hope you enjoyed this simple card using glossy accents and I look forward to seeing you on my next blog.

Please leave me a comment on your thoughts.

Comments