Today I had my most challenging colouring project...colouring roses.
I love roses but for some reason I find them a challenge when I am colouring or painting them. This one I found less intimidating...I guess because I coloured each petal one at a time and I coloured the image with markers.
The copic markers I used were R29, R27, R35, R43, R00 for the rose. For the leaves YG17, GOO, G21 and G03.
I started with the smaller rose defining each petal at a time. Adding cast shadows, them medium tones then the lightest colour, leaving a sliver of uncoloured parts as my highlights. I repeated the same process for the second rose and added a tiny tinge of yellow just for some contrast. I have found it easier to concentrate on one area at a time as coached by my teacher, Alyce.
The leaves were also individually coloured starting with the colour I selected for the shadows YG17 and then the midtones and highlights were added afterwards insuring that the veins of the leaves were higlighted. I showcased the rose on a wooden background against a blue wall.
Here are my lovely roses
Hope you feel inspired to try out some challenging prospect youve been thinking of doing and remember take small steps and you will get there. Thanks for stopping by.