Powerpoppy and Tulips makes a perfect combination


Hi there and welcome to another edition of sweet cherry cards.

Today I am featuring tulips in a hobnail pitcher by Powerpoppy. This beautiful image is very versatile. I used it both for a mother's day card and a birthday card. The birthday card is actually for my mom who will be 84 on the 16th May and she loves flowers.

Here are the two lovely creations


Both cards were coloured using blick and copic markers as I do not have a lot of varying colours in my marker stash. This allows to me to extend the life of my markers and to give me more hues to work with.

Colours used were:-
Blick - canary yellow, saffron ,pink ,orange, dark green, leaf green,apple green
Copic - Y13,Y18,RV000,RV06, RV14,YG09, G00, B04,B02,B00

I'm sure youve noticed that the vases were coloured slightly different. The mother's day card was coloured using a vertical stroke while the birthday card I used horizontal strokes.

The flowers were matched to the background papers to make the images really stand out and I added embellishments in the form of rhinestones.

Hope you like today's cards and I look forward to seeing you back here at sweet cherry cards.

Comments