Steampunk meets Glitz and Glamour


Hi there and welcome back to another interesting episode here on sweet cherry cards. The card I am showing you here today is done in a glam steampunk style aka my version of 'vintage'.

I guess being an artist has definitely made me yearn to add a few vintage styles to my card making process. Today I am dabbling with the style steam punk with a bit of a twist- a bit of glitz and glamour.


One of the things I learnt from an article by Grace Fussell, I read on vintage styles, is that steampunk is a sort of 19th century meet futuristic style and its represented by the use of cog wheels - mechanization, as can be seen on the background paper I used. I also added some white dots with nuvo crystal drops to the message 'thankful for you' to represent white neon lights around the message.

The glittery flowers were stencilled on using nuvo pink glimmer paste and I added recollections extra fine rose white glitter for 'glitter' measure.

I hope you like this episode of sweet cherry cards, and I look forward to seeing you back here for another episode of clean and simple card making fun! Look out for a few more vintage cards in the month of June.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments