Easel card with digi images, stickers, diecuts.

Hi there and welcome to another episode here at Sweet Cherry Cards.

Today's design is surely going to put a smile on your face even though its a bit unusual. This is a card I made for a 5 year old boy, who is like my little nephew. He wanted to give a card to the driver who dropped him to school everyday while in pre school.


I decide to do a theme around him being in a car and having a background scenery of landscape with grass , sky and some type of animal. I was actually going for a cow or goat or even a bird. So...because I wasnt in the mood to do any more colouring, I decided to look through stickers in my stash. While searching, I came upon the disney sticker of pluto ( wished Pluto was my dog)and a bird house which I thought was unusual but cute of which I liked the shape and colour.

The pic of the car was found on google. I searched for one that was free to use, share, modify etc. and I resized it and cut it out with my scissors. The boy image is from mo's digital pencil called ' For teacher 2 ...love this image.....

For the background I distressed a blue sheet of paper with pink and blue inks. I also added a bit of white pigment ink to smooth out the blues in the background. I die cut the grass and balloons and just simply cut a thin strip of white and black cardstock for the road.

I was now ready to put the card together. First I folded an 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock in half and then I scored and folded the top half of the card in half again, thus creating the easel. I had previously cut a white sheet of cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 to glue on to the background scene I created.

After adding all the elements of the background to the white sheet of cardstock, I now needed to adhere it to the bottom half of the top fold. I also did a continuation of the grass and road to use as the stopper for the easel. Here is a side view of the card so you could see how it was adhered.


Now isn't that cute. Hope you like today's card and I look forward to seeing you back here at Sweet Cherry Cards.

Comments