Space puppy and distressed inks

Hi there

Welcome to another episode of Sweet Cherry Cards. In today's card I am using Sasayaki's image 'Space puppy' whom I will call Jamie.

Now 'Jamie' the space puppy has taken off in his spaceship and he's excited to visit another universe. He has stars as his companions as he goes exploring to bring you big birthday wishes and he is in need of some colour for his adventure.


THE DIGITAL IMAGE

I first downloaded the digital image and sized it to a more comfortable size to fit my card. I then selected colours I wanted to use from my distress inks stash namely mermaid lagoon, tumbled glass, chipped sapphire, wilted violet and peeled paint.

From my blick markers, I selected colours, similar to these inks and coloured 'Jamie' and his spaceship with them.

THE BACKGROUND

To colour the background, I first used the Tumbled Glass distress ink colour all around the image. The next colour I applied was Mermaid Lagoon in the four corners of the background. Chipped Sapphire was added to two opposite ends of the background and purple to the other two remaining corners. The last colour green was then added, closer to the image in two areas. I spritzed it twice with water, allowed it to dry and then trimmed down the background.

THE FINISHED CARD

I then adhered the background to a card front approximately 5 x 7 3/4 inches and finished it up with blue and white twine.

Here's 'Jamie' in his space craft again.

Hope you like today's card and please leave a comment on my post.

Comments