No line colouring on Independence Day!

Its a Happy Independence Day in Trinidad and Tobago.

I decided to be a little different for Independence day (31st August) after all it was a day of change for the citizenry of Trinidad and Tobago. I did some no line colouring with three beach babes who proudly wear the three national colours of Red, White and Black- the sun, the water and the strength and vitality of the people, respectively.


The first thing I did with the image is to stamp it a very light colour- Wendy Vecchi Ranger Tree Branch. Its like a tan colour so it allows me to hide the outlines so it looks like there are no outlines.

Then I coloured in the image with copics and blicks markers

Hat- R35, R27, R43
Bathing suits- R35, R27, 43, C01, C02, DARK UMBER, BLACK, WARM BLACK
Chairs- E18, E15,E13, CO1,CO2,CO5
Shoes- R35,R27, BLACK, WARM BLACK
Hair- CO1,CO2,CO5
Drink- BOO,R27, R43

For the background

I first did a set of squiggly lines in pencil to represent the waves. I started with the first wave which I added a lot of greens and a little black to emphasize the crest of the waves- G21, G00, B12, B02, B14, BLACK. After that I gradually used blues from dark to light to show the waves stretch back towards the horizon. I then coloured the skies in light blues starting with the B000, I made different shapes to show bits of blue sky peaking through . I added some B00 to give the sky some depth and then blended it with some more B000.The sand was done from dark to light brown E13, E11,E00

Just showing the first background I did as a practice.



I am so proud to belong to such a beautiful island of very friendly people. Here's wishing my people a very Happy and Wonderful 56th Independence Day.

Comments

Cryssie said…
Impressive!!!
One of a kind piece to celebrate our Independence as a Nation....Love the texture and tone of the backdrop!
Redapple39 said…
Thank you very much! I wanted to do a special kind of background to represent our island so I thought sea and sand was most appropriate.