How I created this 3 paneled step card

Hi everyone and welcome to another episode of Sweet Cherry Cards.

This is a very simple card I made for my holiday shop which opens on 22nd September. Its a 3 paneled step card- a retirement card for a male coworker who loves the outdoors or is looking to find something new to do. The blues and greens of the colour scheme are nature inspired and reflect the outdoor theme of the card!


Now lets get to the fun part. Before making the panels, I found it useful to create the template with white cardstock. I made the template in a few easy steps as you can see in the below pics. Using my big shot machine I cut out a rectangular shape in a 8 1/2 x 11 inches cardstock which was folded in half. Having one rectangular die which was the right width for the centre panel, I had to cut twice to make the opening large enough for the steps in the middle to show through.



The inner step was created by scoring at 3/4 inch, 2 1/2 , 2 1/2 and 3/4 inches respectively with valley and mountain folds and glued to the inside of the template.


This is what the finished template looks like

The next steps were the creation of the panels. I first stamped up the 3 images from penny black 'above par' stamps. Using copics and blick markers, I coloured up the images and matted them on blue and green cardstock. I then adhered them to 3 panels with the guy in the middle and his two outdoor activities on either side.

Here is the card again.


Hope you like my card and I look forward to having you back here at Sweet Cherry Cards.

Comments