How to rock the CAS look in your cards


Hi there and welcome to another episode at Sweet Cherry Cards. Today I will show you how I make my CAS cards rock! Yes you can make a CAS card look stunning.

There are some people who think CAS cards are boring but I dont think so. I love the negative white space. To me it sort of enhances all the colour and techniques that you've added to the card. This is one of my favourite type of cards. Below are some of the techniques I used in this card to make it really stunning.

1) Added a simple bright background behind the stamped image
2) Used bright analogous colours (analogous -next to one another on the colour wheel)like the blue and the green which work together really nicely.
3) Embellished with bright ribbons and die cuts

The stamp I am using below is from Whimsy Stamps and it is called Penguin Icecream. The colour scheme used were grey, white,green, blue and a hint of yellow.
The dies I used were from the Lawn Fawn scalloped box card pop up and Simon Says Stamp 3 sided scalloped edge


To colour the penguin I used Copics C05,C03,C02,C01.
The icecream- Blick Apple Green, Light Maize, Chartreuse
The background behind the penguin, I used Copics- BO4,BO2,B00 and rubbing alcohol. This technique I learnt in class at Kit and Clowder

Hope you like today's card and I look forward to having you back here again!

Comments