Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog- September- The Majestic Cardinal


Hi there and welcome to another Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. It is now September so its getting closer and closer to Christmas, my favourite time of year.

This month's card features the cardinal. A bird, we often use on cards during the Christmas Season.

The colours you will see in this card include dark green, red, gold, khaki, blue and cream. This is a shaker card, which I am sure anyone will enjoy receiving.



I love to use the traditional christmas colour palette of red, green, gold, silver and blue as you can see in the card. There are other more colourful christmas palettes which you will see me use as time goes along.

The stamps in this project include Spellbinders Cardinal which has a lovely gradient look which I chose not to enhance with additional colour. I stamped it simply, using Ranger's Wendy Vecchi Tree branch ink. For the background, I used Stamperbilities faded text background script, in gold, on plain red cardstock.

The die cut shapes belong to the Sizzix Holiday Shadow box set , MFT Circular dies and Lawn Fawn scalloped pop up dies. I took the left over piece of paper that I cut out the two rectangular green shapes and added it as a layer to the background. I like to find different ways to use my scraps.

For the icing on the cake..I embellished with red craft dots and red sequins by multicraft- for the shaker part of the card.

I hope you like this month's card. Please leave me a comment and showcase your own talent in making christmas cards by adding it in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. We would love to see your work.

Thanks for stopping by.




Comments

Cryssie said…
Love it!!!....The concept, arrangement and colour combination makes this card an excellent choice for this upcoming season! Do these come as originals only or in bulk?
Redapple39 said…
This was done as a one of a kind actually but can be done in small quantities depending on the availibility of the background paper.