3D Circles, Distressed Rainbow and Copic markers with Stamplorations

Hi there and welcome to another episode at Sweet Cherry Cards and another exciting Stamplorations bloghop with some wonderful designers.. Right now the citizens of my country , Trinidad and Tobago, are unfortunately experiencing flood conditions with some having lost everything including their homes and for that I am sad so these are dedicated to them and the hardworking first responders and other volunteers as we look forward to a brighter day!.

Today I am featuring 3 cards with different techniques. The first card shows 3 D circles, the second is a rainbow coloured theme and the 3rd is simply coloured with copic markers. Enjoy!

3D Circles



This 3D Circle card is a very simple technique but delicate as it requires several layers of colour to get the right effect.
For this technique I used watercolour hot pressed paper and distress inks in the colours frayed burlap, twisted citron, mowed lawn, fossilized amber and mustard seed. The fun Stamplorations "Imagine" Clear Stamp Set was very appropriate for this technique as the words in this set go so well together. Using the word 'imagine' as the focus word, I arranged the other phrases around it.

Using a nest of circle dies, I selected the largest one for the word 'Imagine' and then fitted the remaining phrases within the smaller circles. Using a pencil I drew on the inside of each circle, overlapping them with the main circle for the word 'Imagine'. I lightly erased the circles and then began painting.

After the first coat dried, I stamped the words using Memento Rich Cocoa.
I then added 3 layers of distressed ink until I had the desired 3D effect

The background was layered on green cardstock, accented with grey and white paper and embellished with baker's twine.

Card #2
Colours of the Rainbow

This is a bright fun card..very summery or some would say tropical. In this card I am using Stamplorations 'Tropical Drink' stamp hence the reason I selected such vibrant colours.

The image was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder and then coloured using distressed inks in mustard seed, spiced marmalade, twisted citron,mermaid lagoon,pickled strawberry.


To further enhance the image, I coloured the background using mustard seed and twisted citron.


The completed artwork was matted onto bright summery papers. The die cut words Birthday wishes was cut out of vellum and glitter glue was added to it.

Card#3
Copic and Coffee makes for a great combination

This is such a sweet card. The lovely stamp used was Stamplorations 'Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket' Stamp. Being a coffee drinker I naturally love this stamp. I also love my copic markers.


The markers used were Y13, Y21, Y19, Y35, YG17, E18, E15, YG09, E13, E11, E00, R20, R000, G21, C01, G00, 100.
I started with the donuts first which was being coloured in the lightest colours.


After the donuts, I coloured the cups in light browns, dark browns and black.


I finished up the with the yellows and greens as I coloured the sunflowers and the basket.


The 'Thank You Mocha Much ' is from the same stamp set and they were embossed in green on green paper and embellished with baker's twine, some gems. The completed coloured image was cut out and placed on bright yellow cardstock.

Hope you like all of the cards today and please stop by the other designers on the Stamplorations Blog Hop. Have a Sweet Cherry Day!

Comments

Gail said…
Drawn to the coffee creations = yet each creation is so lovely - TFS and love me some Stamplorations products! Enjoy your day!
ionabunny said…
Lovely cards. Hope you are keeping safe and dry. Hugz
Redapple39 said…
I totally agree... the coffee creations tend to draw you in. I love them too and I love Stamplorations products! Thanks
Redapple39 said…
Thank you so much and I am...
Esther Asbury said…
Love the way you created your 3D circles! Three great projects!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I love these wonderful products and especially how you have showcased the items in your cards! Beautiful!!!
MadeByMeghanK said…
These are so amazing! I love how you used the inks!
Sue D said…
Wonderful cards and great coloring techniques.
Gwendolyn said…
Wow that is some amazing colouring Renee, especially the 3D circles! I really have to learn that colouring technique. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Gwendolyn
Becca Yahrling said…
Lovely cards and quite unique. Love the different sizes and designs. Love the colorful tropical drink card.
JenniferE said…
Fabulous card! Loving the 3D effect of those circles and love the fun colors on the floral drink card.
Lucy E. said…
Such pretty creations!
I love that tropical drink!
Denise Bryant said…
Pretty cards! I really love your card #2! Great effect with the coloring on the white-embossed design!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Esther.
Redapple39 said…
Appreciate that alot, Kirsty
Redapple39 said…
I have always loved working with distress inks. Thanks so much!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Sue
Redapple39 said…
Thanks Gwendolyn . It s a really sweet technique and you need to be patient with yourself but you could do it!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Becca
Redapple39 said…
Thanks alot Jennifer
Redapple39 said…
Its a beautiful stamp
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much Denise.
Wendy said…
Thanks for the great tutorials and inspirational cards! Hands down though, I am in LOVE with your example of white embossing with the "Tropical Drink" stamp <3 It is so refreshing!! The colors are wonderfully juicy & cool!! Like Summer in a card!!
Dee Earnshaw said…
wow you are so creative with the inks - thanks for sharing:)
Jean said…
Very pretty cards. The drink one is fun and tropical.
Heather said…
These are all fabulous!! I really love the tropical card; the colors really pop against the white embossing!
Great job coloring. I really like the circles card. They do look very 3-D.
Chark said…
what a cool idea with the words/circles!
Redapple39 said…
Glad you like it! That was the intention....to give you a summery feeling!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much and I am happy to share!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks alot. I also love the tropical drink card!
Redapple39 said…
Thank you so much, Brenda. Its one of my fav!

Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Char
Tina Z. said…
wow, the technique with 3-d circles is new to me and it is amazing! wonderful cards!