3D Believe Diecut with Patterned Transparency and Candy Cane Surprise

Hi there and welcome to another fantastic episode with Sweet Cherry Cards. I am always excited to be a part of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Today's card features 3 different techniques- 3D die cut, fun ways to use patterned transparencies and adding surprise elements.

When I first saw this patterned transparency, I fell in love with it and I knew I had to use it to create something really pretty, like this card. Using the diecut 'believe' from Simon Says Stamp, I cut the word out of gold glitter cardstock.

 The patterned transparency is partially backed with green striped paper. For the 3D diecut I added mini strips of double sided tape to the back of the cut out and carefully placed it back into the area left by the die cut.

Now, I know alot of people like surprises (like me) especially at christmas time, so I decided to add a surprise element to the card- candy canes by power poppy, coloured with copics. When you open the card you are pleasantly surprised by a coloured image of a christmas staple- the candy cane. The canes are also backed on green striped paper with a strip of gold musical notes at the side for fun!



The copic colours I used were GO2, YG09, Y21, YG03, YR02, R35, R27, YG05, E13, YR04, G07, Y35, G28, YG17

Here is the card again

Have a sweet cherry day and dont forget to check in with the other designers on the bloghop. We welcome your comment, letting us know how we have inspired you in your cardmaking.



Comments