Merry Christmas from the dog- Santa Paws Gate fold Card


Hi there and welcome to the Merry Little Christmas Blog Hop. You are currently at Sweet Cherry Cards and today my card is all about 'man's best friend'(and woman)- the dog.

STAMP SET USED

The stamp set I am using is Art Impressions Santa Paws set. If you are a dog lover, you will enjoy this selection of furry friends.



To begin this project I started with the stamped images. I like to get all my colouring out of the way before I work on the card fold design.

THE COLOURING PROCESS

For this card I am using the following copic markers.
RV32, RV11, R27, R46, R35, R43, R20, E00, E11, E13, E15, E39, 713, Y38, Y00, W04, W03,W02,W0, C0, YG03, YG05, YG17, YR02, YR00, B14, B02, B00, B000

I have added a video showing a a simple colouring process for dogs and their clothes. In it, you will see I have coloured one of the dogs featured on the cards.


Where to begin colouring?

I usually begin with the clothes followed by the rest of the body.

The next step.....

After I coloured the two dogs, I cut them out and stuck them onto the red flaps of the gate fold part of the design. The flaps were cut using a semi circular die from Avery Elle.

'The Surprise'

Following this step, I went to work on the hidden part of the card. I call it the 'Surprise' element .
I used our furry carollers, from the 'Santa Paws Stamp set' and coloured them using copic markers. For their bodies I used browns as well as the cool and warm gray tones in my marker set.



I wanted the carollers to be a part of a scene, so I drew in a narrow pavement and a little bit of exposed red brick wall.

To do the brick wall I drew a few horizontal lines and then added alternating vertical lines. To colour it, I used E15 to add depth to the corners of the bricks. In some areas I added more or less of this colour. This gives the bricks a natural look. As bricks are not all the same.

Now we are ready to put this creation together.

One of the things I have realised, is that sometimes an image needs some words, to make the design look more cohesive.   I chose  'here comes Santa paws' and Santa please don't bring me any more clothes'. On the inside I stamped Merry Christmas from the SSS Stamp Set and added red and white twine.

Here is the card again



Hope you like the gatefold card and look forward to seeing you back at Sweet Cherry Cards. Dont forget to check out our other designers who are so very talented.

See you next week at Sweet Cherry Cards.





Comments