Christmas shopping at The Paper Shelter


Christmas shopping at The Paper Shelter

Don't you just love going christmas shopping? Well I do! Welcome to the August blog hop at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. You are at Sweet Cherry Cards.

Today's card is truly a colourful one with all of the popular christmas colours thrown in...white, blue, yellow, green and red. For this project, I am using the digital stamp 'Christmas Shopping' from The Paper Shelter . Now let's get started ....


In today's project, I wanted to give the card the look of a book cover. I wanted it rich in colour, framed within a border that just shouts..'christmas'.

To start, I first coloured the image using copic markers. I added a little dazzle to the belt after all what's christmas without a little glitter. Once I was finished I set her aside and began putting together the background for her. I finally settled on a rich blue toned background paper with snowy accents. I diecut a slope shape using the Sizzix Holiday Shadow Box and adhered that to the bottom of the background to represent a snowy embankment.


Now lets look at framing out this christmas shopping scene. To do this I began looking at various illustrated books for inspiration. I decided to do a bright border with die cut embellishments. I chose holly berries because of the rich red of the berries which I knew would lend a vibrancy to the frame.


Now I have all the elements of the card to put together. So using white cardstock, scored and folded to 4.5 inches,I lightly outlined in pencil where my border would be. I added the blue background with the white slope. Next I placed double sided tape to the back of the border and adhered it over the blue and white background and on to the white cardstock. Then embossed the words 'Merry Christmas' from SimonSaysStamp in bright blue on a piece of white cardstock cut to size, added double sided tape to the back and lined it up with the border. The coloured image was fussy cut out and added to the blue background.


Hope you were inspired by this card and I look forward to seeing your designs as well. Dont forget to check out the other blogs here.





Comments

Darlene said…
This is just beautiful teamie!!
Redapple39 said…
Thanks so much, Darlene. I appreciate that alot!