Christmas Mail - 'From our home to yours'

Hi there and welcome to another episode at Sweet Cherry Cards. Today is the start of October's Blog hop at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog where we design Christmas cards, every month right through the year.

Can you imagine celebrating Christmas every month ?..its like receiving a present every month. I often cant wait to release the new card.

This month Sweet Cherry Cards are again featuring a stamp from The PaperShelter. Its called 'the purest illusion'. I am not sure why it was given that name but its a lovely stamp. It reminds me how things were before....'getting that post card in the mail for christmas and how meaningful it felt to do so....

Here is the card. The foreground is placed to the left side of the background.



The main forcus of the card (the foreground ) was coloured using the following copic markers

V09, V06, V04, E02, E11, E11, E13, E15, E39, V07, V03, V01, R27, B000

I usually prefer to colour images first before tackling the remainder of the card. For me thats the more challenging part of the process.

Next I scored and folded my white cardstock and matted a piece of purple paper onto it



Then I added a striped purple and white in a similar hue. The purple and white striped paper was cut a little shorter than the purple piece on the background to add emphasis and contrast.


The foreground with the image from the PaperShelter was adhered to the front and I added a pretty purple bow off to one side as an embellishment. Here is the card again.


Hope you like this month's card, please leave a comment on the blog. Don't forget to check out all the other designers on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Comments

Darlene said…
Awwww ... this is such a sweet image and you've showcased her beautifully! Have a wonderful day!
Leslie said…
Absolutely beautiful! I'm always amazed by your coloring skills! So happy to have you on my design team!
Hugs,
Leslie