The worded table (table decorations)

Hi there everyone.

I know its been a while since I have posted here but sometimes life throws a bit of change at you and you have to do what you have to...but its great to be back.

Today I thought I would share with you some wooden table decorations I did for a Church Dinner, last Sunday.


I dont usually do this much crafting but it was for a friend of mine and I said 'what the heck' I'll do it.

The beginning

Well I waited for several days to get the pieces of recycled wood. The wood came from an old cupboard that was being dismantled so there were different coloured paints on it and other imperfections. But you know what....it was still usable and beautiful.

First Step

Well with limited time I couldnt sandpaper 20 lengths of wood so I decided, I would just paint the wood using Sherwin Williams White Latex paint. But mind you it took several coats to make the wood look good.


But let me go back abit....do you know just as I put the second coat down, rain suddenly came pouring down onto my project...I almost cried but thankfully I had gotten the first coat on which was dry so it protected the wood.

The Lettering.......

After the 3rd coat , I had to started painting on the words as it was now Saturday and the event was Sunday. So using paper stencils of the words, I drew them on the wood and began painting each block of wood, free hand.... 20 pieces...in all.....

One of the things I found was the straight font did not seem fun enough so I started to play with the first letter of each word, adding a little flourish and then for some flair , a little swirl, to every other letter.

Now you know me...I love Christmas, so I pulled out one of my stamps- a holly berry by Stampendous and then coloured it with copics and fussy cut each one with a pair of scissors and added leafy vine by creative expressions.

Here are the table decorations again...I hope it inspires you to try something unusual but fun.


Have a sweet cherry day!

Comments