Fun 'Flip up' Card with Hidden Christmas message


Its the 1st of December and I am sure some of you are now humming a few bars of "Its beginning to look like Christmas" or "Its the most wonderful time of the year". Well unlike you I have been celebrating Christmas year long with the wonderful designers at the Merry Litte Christmas Challenge Blog.

This month is no different but we promise to still deliver all the "bells and whistles" with our Christmas cards.

The stamp I am using, is from buddlycrafts called "Toby Tumble's Contented Christmas"...thats a mouthful but a very cute stamp nevertheless.

So let me show you how I created my fun 'flip up' card and how you can do it too.

So let' start

The Beginning.....

I like to start with the main attraction.... the image. The stamp I used for this fun card is from the wonderful buddly crafts and I coloured it up using prismacolor colour pencils (Please see list of pencils below). Then I mounted it on a piece of navy blue cardstock. I added the words'Merry Christmas'courtesy 'Dees' Artsy Impressions by Stamplorations.

Next I started creating the flap with a piece of white cardstock, scored at 1 1/2" covered with blue and white polkadot paper. I did the flap at 4" wide and 6 1/2" long (when folded over). The hidden message was cut to the same length and width of the flap (It completely hides the fold of the flap) and added my hidden message " Have a warm and snuggly Holiday" by Inky Antics.


So lets begin to put the other parts together. I love this hidden message feature. Its going to be a "happy accident" for the person who find it.

Here is a standing image of the card. It is a fun card for your significant other.



Care to add some flair....?

For another look I added some gold foil highlights.

Hope you enjoyed this and please support the other designers by visiting their blogs.

List of colour pencils used

PC1051,PC1065,PC1060,PC916,PC940,PC942,PC912,PC913,PC911,PC922,PC924,PC930,PC994,
PC931,PC944, PC943,PC941,PC946,PC904,PC903,PC928,PC929,PC939,PC1027


Have a Sweet cherry day!

Comments