How to colour a white dress with patterns

Welcome back to another exciting look at colouring. Today we are colouring a white dress with a colourful pattern. The fun image I am using is called "Capture the moment" by The Paper Shelter, fondly called TPS.

I haven't tried this before so its an experiment for me as much as it may be for you. So sit back and enjoy.


Where to start?

It was so much fun to play with colours. Starting with the dress, I chose the areas to add my colours namely the sleeves the hemlines and the pattern on the lower half of the dress, remembering to add darker hues at the folds.

How to add colour to white and still keep it white?

I could have left the dress as is after adding the pattern but shadows were needed to make the folds "pop. So using copic warm grays; C04, C02, C0, I created folds in the dress starting from the darkest colour to the light, using the lines in the illustration.

What next?

Now that the dress was completed, I coloured the hat, bag and the girl's hair and body. I always try to use the guide lines set out by the illustrator when colouring and I colour in small parts. If you wish to see my video with this check out my insta page

What markers were used?

Copics W4, W2, W0, R59, R43, R35, R46, R20, YR02, E21, E30, E11, E39, E13, E15, E00, B06, B04, B02, B00, G07, G14, YG05, Y19, Y15, Y13, Y00, C7, C5, C3 C2, C1.



Here is another look at the project again....


Hope you enjoyed this blog and please leave a comment at the end.

Have a great day!

Comments

WOW!! this looks amazing hun
Stay safe
Hugs Shell xx