Sticker Monday with Renee 28th September 2020

 Welcome back folks to Sticker Monday with me...and its a bittersweet post as this is my last feature as guest designer for the Sticker Monday series and I thought I would give you guys a treat...What better way to complete my guest designer stint but to use the stickers as part of Mixed Media projects and I've got 3 beautiful ones for you.

I had a lot of fun with these 3 cards; using stickers, glitter, acrylic paints, acrylic glaze, distress inks, Dye inks, markers, pencils, clear gloss, sequins, cord, jewel embellishments, stencils, dies, stamps.....whew..........

Well let's get started. Here is a snapshot of all 3 cards



For the first card I used the stamplorations plaid maker and all blooms stencils,  stamplorations botanical stickers, ranger distress inks picked raspberry and spiced marmalade, ranger crystal stickles glitter, Autumn Leaves acrylic glaze, jewel embellishments, copic markers and prismacolor pencils.

I started with the design features in the background with the stamplorations plaid maker and all blooms stencils. Using distress inks I situated one edge of the stencil, facing the opposite edge of the paper and partially stencilled one of the blooms. I did the same thing on the opposite end.

Then I grabbed my stamplorations plaid maker and laid on two layers of distress inks to create the plaid.

Next I coloured the floral stickers from stamplorations botanical stickers with pemcils and markers and cut a few pieces out and adhered them to the right edge of the card. 

For embellishment I used jewels and acrylic glaze in the stamens. I also added glitter to the blooms.

Card #1





The second card was composed using Stamplorations Birthday word Art stickersStamplorations brick wall and shooting stars stencils, pink gelato metallic melon, glitter, Dylusions and Utrecht acrylic paints, paper scraps.

This card was actually the first one made...I love how the brick wall feature (Stamplorations brick wall) looked so bright in Dylusions acrylic pure sunshine paint which I applied using a paint brush. I haven't used this in a while so it took a few tries to get the mixture right, lol (I also mixed in a little utrecht yellow acrylic paint to brighten and thicken the mix as I made it a bit too runny ). The shooting stars stencils was painted in funky fuchsia.

I then cut the Stamplorations Birthday word Art stickers in two and affixed them to the yellow brick wall and smooshed some metallic melon on the sticker to add artistic flair to it.

I found some grey scraps of paper with silver foil accents to add some more drama......

Card #2



For the third card I used Stamplorations artsy geometric background stickers for the word "coffee"and the Coffee Heaven stickers. On the background I also used the Stamplorations Bloomin' Spring Coffee basket stamp, copic markers, prismacolor colour pencils, sizzix alphabet dies, Multi-craft sequins, Rangers glossy accents, brown cord, Dandelion and Rich cocoa Memento die inks.

This beauty was really fun to do. I partially stamped Stamplorations Bloomin' Spring Coffee basket on two sides of the background which I partially coloured with pencils and markers. The Stamplorations artsy geometric background stickers  were used to cut out the letters to form the word "coffee".

Next I added Coffee Heaven stickers which I cut in half and placed one horizontal and the other vertical....how cool is that....... and I embellished with Multicraft sequins.

Card #3


Hope you enjoyed my mixed media projects. Also leave a comment at the end of this blog and also over on the stamplorations blog for the opportunity to win a $15 Gift code to shop on stamplorations.com.

Thanks for stopping by.




Comments

sharon g said…
I really like how you mixed the use of different stencils. I have only ever used one stencil per project, so this is a nice idea to me--very different and cool!
Sue D said…
I like all the products you used to make these mixed media cards.
Denise Bryant said…
Fun designs for your mixed media cards! Love the way you incorporated the stickers!
Tina Z. said…
I like how you used the stickers.