Christmas Easel Card with See-thru window

 Hi All....its been a long time since I have done a blog post and I was wondering if I remembered how-to.......lol. Life sometimes unwraps in various ways and sometimes you have to take a step back and re- evaluate the wrapping and make adjustments and add longer tape...hahahha.

I have taken a step back but here I am....

Today I wanted to share with you a traditional red Christmas card with the cardinal as its main feature. 


The cardinal is one of my fav christmas images...I think it is because of its red colour....my fave go-to colour for Christmas cards.

The card is 73/4 " X 5" and the design style I used is an Easel card with a see-through window.

This is a side view of the card.
 The first thing I did was to colour the cardinal created by spellbinders. 



After stamping the image with fog ink by Simon Says Stamp, I painted the image using KOI watercolour paints in :-
Vermillion, Carmine, Deep yellow, Black, Viridian, Yellow ochre, Prussian Blue. 
I haven't painted in a while so I had to literally dust  off my paints to use them lol.

After doing so, I cut the shape out with scissors and set it aside.

Then taking left over die-cut red cardstock which I saved to use at a future date  (like now)...I folded the top over so this would serve as the flap for the card. Using the circular opening as a guide I stamped the words on a piece of white cardstock of the same size. I then made the easel using left over white cardstock and  another fresh piece of white cardstock cut 73/4" x5".

I decorated the inside piece with printed paper decorated with cardinals, deer and a rabbit.



I added transparency to the diecut circular window of the card and there you have it...a christmas easel card with see-thru window.

Hope you love my little card and I look forward to seeing you back here next week!


Comments