Its all in the theme - Personalised Cards

 Have you ever wondered how I personalise my cards?.......Well ...., it's all in the theme.

When I first started card making, I thought card themes were only 'birthday, christmas, get well etc.' Well several years and many cards later, my ideas and thinking have definitely changed.....

Take today's card for instance......


'LET'S DANCE'
If you needed a birthday card for a friend who is either into ballroom dancing, the flair of the tango dance, or who just loves dancing then this is surely the one for her. Against a backdrop of red, white and black tones I have framed The Paper Shelter's image 'Tango', coloured using copics. With a micron pen, I added a few musical notes to the scene to complete the illusion of dancing...

'KICK UP YOUR HEELS'
On the next fold, in line with the theme of dancing...I added shoes from the set  'High Heels' by Hero Arts; aligned in a haphazard manner to also continue the illusion. 



'TIME TO FOLD'
Using an accordian fold, the card unfolds with the story which reads, "Happy Birthday; Kick up your heels and have fun; From morning til night, may your birthday be fun and bright"




THE MESSAGES
Text stamps are by Hero Arts and Paper Wishes.



Here is another look at the card



Have a great day and come back next week for our next blog post!









 


Comments