Its a Two Blue, Slim Card day!

 I have two lovely blue cards for you today. Blue is one of my favourite every day colours. Bet you didnt know that! It is also one of Christmas's traditional colours. 

Excited to see them yet ...well let's take a look at my two blue cards....


I had so much fun putting together these two ideas. One of the things I had to ensure was that the storyline and any additional images follow the theme of the front of the card. Both cards have unexpected features when you open them.

This first card is intended for a male recipient. 


I love using birds in my masculine themed cards.... I think you can't go wrong with that. For this card I let the patterned paper do the hard work. Just die cutting a window in the front, using the die cut Holiday lamp post frame from memory box makes the card even more interesting. Its in a notebook style so the front flips over, to reveal the lovely bird pattern behind. Using Simon says stamp die, 'Believe' , in triplicate makes the best greeting.


Isn't this paper gorgeous? For added effect, I lined the bottom with dark blue paper so when the flap is down it looks like three layers instead of two.

For a bit of deviation from my normal white insides I added dark blue cardstock with the message stamped on white cardstock.





Now for the female inspired card,  I used an ice skater girl from sweet escape digis.


I absolutely love how this image turned out. I took a chance and designed the background to look like an indoor rink, with curved lines to continue the illusion that she is in a curved room. 

I 've been wanting to use this starry overlay which I paired with blue glitter cardstock. The blue strips of paper are left over scraps from other projects that I have re-purposed here.

As the card unfolds....you get this.....

...All of these...... are things she wants for christmas....all positive including presents...lol. The skates are from hero arts  winter time fun stamps and co ordinating dies and the die cut Holiday lamp post frame is from memory box.

The inside is completed the same as the previous card. Dark blue inside with greeting on white cardstock.



Hope you enjoyed these two cards and I  look forward to having you back here again... Have a sweet cherry day!










Comments